Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rock-a-bye Baby

I've been tossing around the idea of making an entire scrapbook of Nursery Rhyme inspired layouts. Here's one to start it off!  Though,I have to say, Rock-a-bye Baby is not one of my favorite nursery rhymes. Who lets a baby fall out of a treetop, for Pete's sake!  (Just kidding, I know that nursery rhymes were probably political commentary and that this song was most likely about overthrowing some British King.)  Anyway, I like the lyrics to this modified version of the song.

Rock-a-bye baby, in the treetop
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall
And down will come baby, cradle and all

Baby is drowsing, cozy and fair
Mother sits near, in her rocking chair
Forward and back, the cradle she swings
And though baby sleeps, she hears what she sings

From the high rooftops, down to the sea
No one's as dear, as baby to me
Wee little fingers, eyes wide and bright
Now sound asleep, until morning light.

Here's my sweet grandbaby in "Rock-a-bye Baby".
Created with Mother Nature {Earth} by Scrapper's Delights.  I got Gallery Stand Out at DST for this page!


1 comment:

  1. when the wind blows the cradle will rock
    when the bow breaks THE CRADLE WILL FALL
    and DOWN WILL COME BABY..cradle and all.
    VERRRRRY scary nursery rhyme lol but i love
    the layout, you're great at what you do.


    p.s. this is jess

    ReplyDelete